Iceland: Keeping Kids Healthy
13th October 2015
Even though children can be difficult to convince about the joys of healthy eating, it’s important that they develop good eating habits as early as possible. However, we all know that getting our little ones to eat healthily may require a little imagination to make sure they get all the nutrients they need!
Here are a few handy tips from Iceland for healthy eating:
- First things first, eat healthily yourself – kids usually pick up eating habits from their parents, so it’s always a good idea to set an example
- Get the kids involved when preparing meals – they’re more likely to eat it when they’ve helped make it
- Play with your food – try making vegetables more interesting by serving them in inventive ways, like funny faces
- Finely chop or purée vegetables and sneak them into sauces, stews and even mashed potato
- Slurp on a smoothie! They’re a fun and tasty way of contributing towards their 5-a-day
Part of healthy eating includes fresh fruit and veg and Iceland are smitten with them! Tasty, nutritious and packed full of natural goodness; what’s not to love? Iceland take extra special care of the fruit and veg, from the farms where it’s grown, the speedy delivery to the store, and the loving care and attention it receives once there. As a result you can be sure of the superior freshness and quality of all the fruit and veg at Iceland, and still at a fantastic price!
Next time you’re in Iceland at Salford Shopping Centre look out for these healthy choices to ensure a family full of smiles!